Okay, some updates and some pictures.
1. I’m working full-time and I LOVE it. I have my own cubicle! I’ve only ever worked in open-office plans or from home, but I love having my own little cubby to hide in when I’m feeling antisocial. But I have to do that annoying blogger thing and not tell you where I work, because I don’t know whether I could get in trubs for that. But it is awesome, and I have a sort-of long commute which I’m friggin’ PASSIONATE about since I get to listen to books on tape and have alone time. Is that weird? (I’m listening to The Magicians and it is…well…magical.)
Also, I love the excuse to buy business casual attire.
And…I have a private blog with my three besties where we post what we wear every day, and the other day when I was trying to take a photo of my outfit, this is what happened:
2. Um, so I may or may not be running a half-marathon in t-minus 4 weeks, and I started training for it…yesterday. Literally. Like, I hadn’t worked out in months before yesterday. I wore a heart-rate monitor and it went crazy beeping at me because my pulse got above 190. Apparently that’s bad. I’ll tell you this: it FELT bad. I think it was the 90-degree heat, paired with my terrible physical shape. I felt like such a turd the whole time – which was only an hour, since I was only running 5 miles, which used to be my short(ish) run distance. How the heck do you get back into running after you train for a race? It’s been over a year since my last half and I still haven’t been able to force myself to do it. Yeesh.
3. Cooking = nadda. No time. To tell you the truth, I can’t remember what I’ve been eating. Here’s what happened when I tried to take a photo of a cooking adventure a couple of months ago (it’s been such a long time I don’t even remember what I made):
4. This is totally random, but can I tell you how freakin’ awesome my mom is? A lady never reveals her mother’s weight, but my mom weighs the same as me right now. She’s gotten all into Yoga and she’s making me look bad.
5. I didn’t realize you people were asking me more anonymous questions on my formspring! I answered all but one question (which, I’m so sorry to the person who asked, but my family would KILL me if I answered, even though it’s not a juicy answer).
6. So here’s what I think would be awesome: if you guys requested blog posts. I have an easier time writing them when you have specific demands. (Yes, I’m basically asking you to do the work for me) (that’s what grad school is teaching me, apparently).
7. Here’s a gratuitous photo of my son: